Friday, June 24, 2005

Of Likes and Dislikes .. and then some.

Hmm, got a forwarded sorta questionare, that for once, has been interesting to read,
hasnt made me averse to fill up and set me off on a trip down memory lane.

Here goes ..

The last movie I borrowed (rather last few movies) :

1) 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag - This is gold, Joe Pesci and David Spade rock.. Laughs all the way !
2) A Fish Called Wanda - Jamie Lee Curtis dons many hats as she is 'fishy' as can be :) Wanda! 3) Bourne Identity- Matt Damon, all brawn and a brain in disarray.. Still, good to watch..
4) Mary Poppins - Got it for Dad, never got myself to watch it !
5) Munna Bhai M. B. B. S - Sanju Baba flexes muscles and runs the show !

The last film I watched in Theater :
Hitch : I Need you Maan !

Which five (maybe fictional) characters in B/Kollywood have you had a crush on?
1.Salma Hayek in Fools Rush In – Ok Movie, but there's something about her!
2.Charlize Theron - Devil's Advocate, The Astronauts Wife, etc...
3.Helen Hunt– As Good As It Gets, What Women Want!
4.Sushmitha Sen – Sexy, Sultry, Sizzler!
5.Heather Locklear - Spin City... Chic !!


Five Hollywood films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:
1. Jackal – Classy, an ATG in my opinion..
2. A Few Good Men – Jack Nicholson is superb..the theme too, food for thought..
3. Pulp Fiction – Sam Jackson,John Travolta all the way..!! Can watch re-runs..
4. Mask – Jim Carrey has to be in a fav'ites list.. and Mask was like nothing before !!
5. Indiana Jones Series…Part I and III...
A charming proffie getting Hitler's autograph on the book that leads to the Holy Grail:)
6. The Usual Suspects - Kaiser Soze.Kevin Spacey is cool only.. Verbal Kint !
- How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?
7 .Forrest Gump - Life is like a box of chocolates..you never know what you're gonna get.

Five Bollywood films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:
1. Parinda – Sooper Ulti.. Madhuri's ethereal countenance, Nana Patekar's maniacal moods..
2. Sholay– Perfect 10 score plate held up by all members of the Jury !
3. Hungama – Laugh Riot!! Paresh Rawal simply dazzles .. the entire cast, on second thoughts.
4. Andaz Apna Apna – Too funny as Salman and Aamir pair up like Dumb N Dumber .. :))
5. DDLJ - SRK/ Kajol... enough said !
6. Sarfarosh - Holds sway all the way through.
7. Dil Chahata Hai - Lovely foray into a hithertho unexplored area in Indian moviedom..

Five Hollywood/Bollywood types that I can't stop slurping over:
1. Sharon Stone – Sexy, Savvy, suave..
2. Madhuri Dixit–
"Madhuri Dixit Milli Raste Mey, Usne Kaha Mere Ghar Aaja,Mey boldiya Na Baba Na :)
3. Sushmitha Sen – As detailed above.
4. Dimple Kapadia - Sagar Jaise Aankowaali..? Bobby Bhool Ja ?
5. Jennifer Anniston - Friends, in the early seasons..

Dudes I think have no right to be this cool / hunky:
Keanu Reeves, John Travolta, Jack Nicholson, Amitabh Bachan, George Clooney,Sean Connery, Tim Robbins, Joe Pesci, Rahul Dravid, Roger Federer, Saif Ali Khan, Al Pacino, Robin Williams..

H/B/Kollywood people I'm supposed to be impressed by, but am not:
1. Halley Berry
2. Brad Pitt
3. Julia Roberts
4. Robert De Niro
5. Dustin Hoffman
6. Dharmendra
7. Dr Rajkumar.( Ok, I asked for it, hit me Dr Raj Abhimanigala Sangha)
8. Raj Kapoor - For some reason, he aint getting my vote..

8 Comments:

At Saturday, June 25, 2005 3:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How dare you say you don't like the great Gaana Gandharva, Ranadheera Kanteerava, Natasarvabauma, Karnataka Rathna, PadmaBhushana, Dr Raj.
Please be careful while writing like this in future.

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2005 3:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey , Hitch was the last movie i watched too...Quiet cool i must say! I like that last scene in the movie where Hitch goes about "You take a leap and hope by God, that you can fly.Its only after you fall flat on your face, that you say to yourself, why the hell did i jump".

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2005 9:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude.. looks like you're in trouble! You are a freelance blogger and you're being threatened! Can't imagine the kinda soup you'd land yourself in if you were to go professional. But you are doing a good job and DO NOT let fanatism be a hindrance for expressing yourself freely! Nobody can make you like or dislike anything/anybody forcefully! And mind ya my words are in as light or serious a sense as the words of the previous anonymous poster.

Just keep blogging.

- Day Dreamer Wokenup

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:57:00 AM, Blogger MomentsOfTruth said...

Anonymous :

You dont seem to have the balls to reveal what dark group you represent, whether you are a member of the Klu Klux Klan
or just a plain fa/lu/natic who goes of the rocker even if someone says Dr Raj sneezed 3 times or ate sour grapes.. Still your veiled threats are not to be taken trivially and in India, anything can happen. What I meant was I might like a few Annavru movies, but nothing would get me to drool over Veerapan's costliest victim..
So there !! How dare I !! Come and stand in front of me and I'll bawl it out :)

DayDreamer W'Up :

Thank you for the reassurance.
Kinda explains why I havent gone IP on NASDAQ :) With such goonies around, and all but one life to live off, why high stakes, what ?
Freelancing is as free as it can get..

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:01:00 AM, Blogger MomentsOfTruth said...

Sumana :

Thats a nice one frm Hitch, aint it ?? Like I'm skydiving now,
would like a 10,000 feet view, but its foggy below and the darned chute just wants to keep to itself in wraps :) Plummeting down, I am,
nowhere to linger !!

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2005 3:43:00 AM, Blogger Vijayalaxmi Hegde said...

I CANT AGREE ENOUGH WITH MOMENTS ON THE GREAT (SIC) ANNAVRU.

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2005 4:20:00 AM, Blogger MomentsOfTruth said...

Vij :

Thank you :) Nice to know there are cyber shoulders to lean on :)
Now, where did that term come from ! gothilla..

 
At Tuesday, July 19, 2005 3:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seriously cannot understand why we need to be forced to think that Raj Kapoor was great! What on earth did the man do to be great? eh? Can someone explain it to me? Has anybody ever had the patience to watch the muck he called "Movies"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home